Skip to main content

SAVE THIS FOR MY LAST

When one day you all wake up, just to find me deep in my sleep, please know that something is amis. When one day from your duties you log in just to see my last seen as 3 hours ago then know I breathed my last and I am gone for good.

We all fear death, personally It robbed me a lifeline, and its only today that I got the power to speak. On the night of world poetry day, the 21st of March after words of encouragement from people like you, I lay on bed to rest only for mum to call and this time, not the usual "umenitupa" type of greetings. She was crying, she had lost her best friend, her younger sister who I always referred to as my elder sister. How a day can turn from a hundred to zero real quick, I was shaken to a point that I never shed a tear, and until now I can only afford goosebumps when I think of that day.

So when I say bye to the world, please play me some reggae music, a chronixx playlist would serve the old men, and the night before you lay me down six feet, play Hundreds of Vybz Kartel. Do not forget some Marley and Morgan Heritage. And in any case word smiths come to send me off, please give them a chance to air the craft. Please do not cry when am gone, for I will have gone to be with some of the best that ever lived, rolling dope with Pac getting high next to the burning bush.

When I call it quits, All the girls I broke their hearts please don't have kind words for me. I know am more of jerk. For my G's present, the same way I carried your secrets to my casket please do the same, I know at some point in life our interests conflicted but nigger please, let the dead rest in peace.

I know when am gone before mum she will cry, Dad too will be left speechless, for they will know the pain of losing their first and only son. Do not comfort them for they will follow soon. As for my two sisters, it hurts that  the only brother they knew will be long gone, but life has to continue, tell Joy to take life slow, for Jane I still don't have words for that little Angel.
Junior, the only child of my late aunt, someone tell him on the day that you lay me to rest that it is Family over anything.

I know, you all waiting for me to talk about my girlfriend, just wait a little longer, that's what she told me.

Life is as sweet as you live it, and just in case life after death is just a scum to give hope to the hopeless please roll blunts and burry me with them. Do not forget my match, the Kifaru one. And do not cement my grave just in case, down there is too dark for me and I need some light.

To my girlfriend, I still don't have words,because am still waiting.

©Doluh

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artful Deception.

That morning, I stood rooted to the tiled floor with my hands on the poorly done window grills. I had been examining the structure that we called home. The Sun was lazy, casting weak monotonous rays on the ground. It had sufficiently rained the previous night and the air was still fresh.  Since my childhood, I had enjoyed the petrichor, it had a way of pumping life into my dead hopes, and couldn't wait for a few droplets of rain to hit the ground. It was a moment I always craved for. Half past seven in the morning, if not for the birds chirping so melodiously I wouldn't have travelled back to reality. "Normal is boring." I said to myself reaching for my phone that was religiously playing my favorite Bob Marley playlist. Nobody can stop reggae. The tweets that day were not as snappy as I would have wanted. Something was eating me up but still I couldn't figure it out, at least not at a time when Bob was reassuring that things would be alright. Music to me had alway

Please Get Tired.

I write, You notice, You assume, I get disconnected And curse. " It's hard to show love to a stone" of no worth it is  making love to a marble, Shinny and elegant, Only adapting to the degree of my loving when in the same room And nothing is the same when we hug and part ways. I write You marvel Share it to friends And say "That was master class" You find it hard to read between the lines. Not born for the art, so you wont relate Our connection is relative, Like an uncle to a niece It's hi when we meet and high time when we don't. I notice You care less I get disconnected I miss her But who listens? I refuse to build a foundation on a forced connection I don't want to end up losing myself when you finally slip away like she did. Please get tired, and let me try to win her love back. I write Get tired And hope That if tomorrow ever comes with the darkness it left with, Then I would sit and wait for her to come aroun

If Yesterday was Tomorrow.

And, if yesterday was tomorrow, What would you have done differently? Would you write that which the mouth was even afraid to whisper? Be a little bit poetic and feed the world with feelings, Just like any other slave of the pen? If yesterday was tomorrow_ Would you let the sun set with your heart still hurting? Would you  still call men dogs Just because a few like bones like you do? If yesterday was tomorrow, Would you talk of how it never comes And sing, hoping that You finally became a star? Would you share the last piece saved on your diary? Or, you would just have written another piece to entertain the skeletons in your closet, those that really never come out? If yesterday was to come after today would you still be talking of a having gruelling day and still seat and swipe your gadgets all night long lost in the virtual world? If yesterday was the day after today, Would you still claim to ride with your friends, Would you still talk of them the same way? For m