Skip to main content

TIES THAT BIND

Shee The poet: The last time we had sex really did feel like a finale, a culmination. Our tears had abated. We channelled our remaining emotions into the act, had a cathartic experience. Then we fell asleep next to each other once more. And you sneaked out in the middle of the night again, for the last time... Just so you know. That same way you left my house, is the same way you've left my heart. All I've left is your scent on my sheets and tears in my eyes.

Zi Boy: Don't tell me that you don't want me near,,,don't tell me you forget so fast, you say all you have left is my scent and tears welled up,how can you forget how I made you feel?
How I made you run to the edge of the bed,,,how you sat there confused,,whether to come back or dress up.
I am left with lots more than just your erotic moan,,,tell me you are only pretending to feed your ego

Shee The poet: I don't want a one night stand. A one life stand is what i crave. I'm overwhelmed with the painful injustice of love and mismatched feelings. I can't forget how you made me feel on some nights. A slice of heaven. But yet again i can't forget how you made me feel when the sun shone bright.  Two slices of hell.

Zi Boy: A one life stand is nothing in my love dictionary,,,so who do you want me to wife in my afterlife or did you just mean till death do us part?? You are a part of me that became whole, how you made my blood pump brought me to life,,,but am not sure if this is love or some emotional love story

Shee The poet: If this is love then i have a different definition of the word. I am not accustomed to this. Yes i did say that I'll be there in sadness and happiness but not when sadness exceeds happiness. A happily ever after only did exist in my dreams and it's time i woke up.

Zi Boy: Keep calm my dear, you know how I hold you so dear,, my expensive gem, my addictive charm, come and lean on my arm one more time. Lets break up to make up for the last time,
I miss your face without make up
For the cries and sadness my rejuvenated self will make up
Just hold my hand and let my heart lead us on

Shee The poet: It isn’t your fault, really. I was foolish to believe I could make a change. Dumb enough to allow myself dangled in a limbo of uncertainty. Idiotic enough to let myself compromise on the standards I held on for years. An imbecile to grant you the permission to make me feel insufficient and doubt my self-worth.

To say that I am heartbroken is an understatement. To know that you truly desire me and yet not choose me is devastating. I have no regrets cringing every time I see pieces of you in the little things you got for me.

Zi Boy: Mummy,,don't cry over spilt milk,,it will only add to the fact that you are broken and confused. I know you are poor at making real life decision and that you are planning to settle with another man who promises you happiness. I also know that apart from drama and poetry I was your favorite hobby
And letting that leave your mind will be hypocritical I wont lie that I will love you the African way,,to hell with the promises. I wont lie that I will always be there for you because my time needs me too. But trust me on this, I will give you no reason to doubt me, I will try as much too make you happy as long as it doesn't make me cry.

Shee The poet: You're my favorite boy no doubt about that. For I believe in the sacredness that lies in the word love. To utter 'i love you' requires great courage, commitment  and suffering. Are you ready for all this? I guess not. Against my intuition, against my logic  and standards, i told you i will wait for you. I still wait. I still choose to hope. I still hold on to the fact that perhaps you will be inspired to cross the bridge some day. Maybe a change of heart on your part.

Zi Boy: Don't hold on,,,try and move on
Get past me, get past how I made you feel, kiss all the frogs in your kingdom but when you finally decide to take a shower please sing a song for me
Sing of how I made you feel
Sing  of how you really wanted this to work out but the word exercise was your co wife
Sing of how I made you feel like a person whose skin was dragged across broken pieces of glass
Cry.
Let your tears flow, let your hair relax and sob till you can no more
But remember when all that is done
I will be there next to you
Holding you tightly against the wall, kissing you all over again this time with a greater sense of affection because I just realised you are Gods greatest invention

Shee The poet: Be my captain and i promise not to abandon ship. Hold on its going to be a long journey. Waves might come our way but i trust you as the captain. 
Stay.. Let's have a one life stand.

Zi Boy: I wish I could but unfortunately am sea sick
Forget about the waters,,they are never still
Could we fly high? We could be the epitome of love, saying this from the bottom of my heart,,like a newborn love is the placenta that got me attached to you

Shee The poet: You're my disarray
You compel my speechlessness
You keep me sane by driving ng me insane about you
When the dust settles and all the smoke clears, I'll be here for many more years.
Till we're old and gray.

© *Shee The Poet x Doluh words*
*2018*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artful Deception.

That morning, I stood rooted to the tiled floor with my hands on the poorly done window grills. I had been examining the structure that we called home. The Sun was lazy, casting weak monotonous rays on the ground. It had sufficiently rained the previous night and the air was still fresh.  Since my childhood, I had enjoyed the petrichor, it had a way of pumping life into my dead hopes, and couldn't wait for a few droplets of rain to hit the ground. It was a moment I always craved for. Half past seven in the morning, if not for the birds chirping so melodiously I wouldn't have travelled back to reality. "Normal is boring." I said to myself reaching for my phone that was religiously playing my favorite Bob Marley playlist. Nobody can stop reggae. The tweets that day were not as snappy as I would have wanted. Something was eating me up but still I couldn't figure it out, at least not at a time when Bob was reassuring that things would be alright. Music to me had alway

Please Get Tired.

I write, You notice, You assume, I get disconnected And curse. " It's hard to show love to a stone" of no worth it is  making love to a marble, Shinny and elegant, Only adapting to the degree of my loving when in the same room And nothing is the same when we hug and part ways. I write You marvel Share it to friends And say "That was master class" You find it hard to read between the lines. Not born for the art, so you wont relate Our connection is relative, Like an uncle to a niece It's hi when we meet and high time when we don't. I notice You care less I get disconnected I miss her But who listens? I refuse to build a foundation on a forced connection I don't want to end up losing myself when you finally slip away like she did. Please get tired, and let me try to win her love back. I write Get tired And hope That if tomorrow ever comes with the darkness it left with, Then I would sit and wait for her to come aroun

If Yesterday was Tomorrow.

And, if yesterday was tomorrow, What would you have done differently? Would you write that which the mouth was even afraid to whisper? Be a little bit poetic and feed the world with feelings, Just like any other slave of the pen? If yesterday was tomorrow_ Would you let the sun set with your heart still hurting? Would you  still call men dogs Just because a few like bones like you do? If yesterday was tomorrow, Would you talk of how it never comes And sing, hoping that You finally became a star? Would you share the last piece saved on your diary? Or, you would just have written another piece to entertain the skeletons in your closet, those that really never come out? If yesterday was to come after today would you still be talking of a having gruelling day and still seat and swipe your gadgets all night long lost in the virtual world? If yesterday was the day after today, Would you still claim to ride with your friends, Would you still talk of them the same way? For m