Skip to main content

Modern Day Judas.

Sitting on my bed after missing today's classes and knowingly missed calls from group members is a young man trying to examine life. Quietly, thinking of what life would have been without Judas. Relax, stop giving your two cents already, let me enjoy the art of my pen flowing.

Would Jesus still have been alive? I hear that it is written that he boasted of being powerful over death. What would have happened to Simon Peter after vehemently denying to know the Son of Man? Would Thomas still be famous for doubting the man he followed and entrusted with his spiritual life?

Enough of those thoughts lest this Sunday Christians accuse me of questioning religion like they are used to. In modern life, we still have such people. The Judas and Simon Peters of our time. Those who will disown you just to see themselves succeed. You will see them copy paste selfish captions so as to be perceived as intelligent.

Hey, I am not ranting, in fact am happy for the fact that God denied such people the art of creating words out of every situation, the world would have been at a much sorry state than it is.

Be aware of friends who tend to distant themselves when things are not working for you. Better that who openly tells you " mtaachana tu" than the one who retires to his gossip group after a break up and say " kwani alidhani watafika mbali?".

Stay away from those people who will come and visit you at your place and joke with you on how stoned you are and immediately starts a broadcast, telling everyone how you are on the verge of dropping out of campus just because you find comfort in steaming out rather than emptying bottles like him.

Lets leave these toxic people in October, for November is so tired to handle such negativity. Someone great once said, you learn in the most  informal settings. Choose where to learn from but remember, putting your trust in a society occupied by people who their ancestors crucified Christ who was to deliver them is like leaving an open whiskey bottle with my friend Norman.

It has been a long Monday, let me get up and type some group assignment before my group members forget of the time I submitted group take always in time and start using words that depict me as a lazy confused comrade.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artful Deception.

That morning, I stood rooted to the tiled floor with my hands on the poorly done window grills. I had been examining the structure that we called home. The Sun was lazy, casting weak monotonous rays on the ground. It had sufficiently rained the previous night and the air was still fresh.  Since my childhood, I had enjoyed the petrichor, it had a way of pumping life into my dead hopes, and couldn't wait for a few droplets of rain to hit the ground. It was a moment I always craved for. Half past seven in the morning, if not for the birds chirping so melodiously I wouldn't have travelled back to reality. "Normal is boring." I said to myself reaching for my phone that was religiously playing my favorite Bob Marley playlist. Nobody can stop reggae. The tweets that day were not as snappy as I would have wanted. Something was eating me up but still I couldn't figure it out, at least not at a time when Bob was reassuring that things would be alright. Music to me had alway

Please Get Tired.

I write, You notice, You assume, I get disconnected And curse. " It's hard to show love to a stone" of no worth it is  making love to a marble, Shinny and elegant, Only adapting to the degree of my loving when in the same room And nothing is the same when we hug and part ways. I write You marvel Share it to friends And say "That was master class" You find it hard to read between the lines. Not born for the art, so you wont relate Our connection is relative, Like an uncle to a niece It's hi when we meet and high time when we don't. I notice You care less I get disconnected I miss her But who listens? I refuse to build a foundation on a forced connection I don't want to end up losing myself when you finally slip away like she did. Please get tired, and let me try to win her love back. I write Get tired And hope That if tomorrow ever comes with the darkness it left with, Then I would sit and wait for her to come aroun

If Yesterday was Tomorrow.

And, if yesterday was tomorrow, What would you have done differently? Would you write that which the mouth was even afraid to whisper? Be a little bit poetic and feed the world with feelings, Just like any other slave of the pen? If yesterday was tomorrow_ Would you let the sun set with your heart still hurting? Would you  still call men dogs Just because a few like bones like you do? If yesterday was tomorrow, Would you talk of how it never comes And sing, hoping that You finally became a star? Would you share the last piece saved on your diary? Or, you would just have written another piece to entertain the skeletons in your closet, those that really never come out? If yesterday was to come after today would you still be talking of a having gruelling day and still seat and swipe your gadgets all night long lost in the virtual world? If yesterday was the day after today, Would you still claim to ride with your friends, Would you still talk of them the same way? For m