Skip to main content

And on cold, dark lonely nights I,,,

I want to sleep but not wish you goodnight
I want to sleep with you by my side
I want to sleep with my back facing the door and yours facing the wall
I want to sleep with your eyes  across mine
I want to sleep with our legs tangled
I want to sleep,
I want to sleep but this cold wont allow
I want to sleep but my thoughts wont allow
Are you sleeping?
I know my vibe sometimes hits below per
I know sometimes I become stupid
But i want to sleep with your body next to mine
I want our bodies to talk a language they can only understand
Some french,
Talk of some french kiss
Talk of some french leave
Ukiskia njaa
Talk of some french fries
Some Napoleon
Niku chipo
Coz you got too much sauce
Sijui nikukule na tooth pick ama tu umma

I want to sleep, let my body lie next to your thoughts
Let your thoughts
Get to know my body
Let the temperature rise, sukari ita act ka mecury.
Let your good behaviours be out done
If possible, we can let them slip under my carpeted floor
If possible, we can communicate without talking
Let the bed, be too cold
And we can roll over to the floor
We could start it slow and smooth,
Short and sweet ka round one
Then, The higher we go
The KULA it becomes
Lets eat each other up, like a kenyan who landed a NYS job
Lets eat each other up
Like how crushes do to our time
Lets eat each other up, till we can have no more

Then later, the key to my nduthi I give you, ride till the breaks get loose
Ride till it runs out of fuel

I will carpet the dark room red,
Some pomp and color to make it more lively
And get ready for next time

*Doluh*
© *2018*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artful Deception.

That morning, I stood rooted to the tiled floor with my hands on the poorly done window grills. I had been examining the structure that we called home. The Sun was lazy, casting weak monotonous rays on the ground. It had sufficiently rained the previous night and the air was still fresh.  Since my childhood, I had enjoyed the petrichor, it had a way of pumping life into my dead hopes, and couldn't wait for a few droplets of rain to hit the ground. It was a moment I always craved for. Half past seven in the morning, if not for the birds chirping so melodiously I wouldn't have travelled back to reality. "Normal is boring." I said to myself reaching for my phone that was religiously playing my favorite Bob Marley playlist. Nobody can stop reggae. The tweets that day were not as snappy as I would have wanted. Something was eating me up but still I couldn't figure it out, at least not at a time when Bob was reassuring that things would be alright. Music to me had alway

Please Get Tired.

I write, You notice, You assume, I get disconnected And curse. " It's hard to show love to a stone" of no worth it is  making love to a marble, Shinny and elegant, Only adapting to the degree of my loving when in the same room And nothing is the same when we hug and part ways. I write You marvel Share it to friends And say "That was master class" You find it hard to read between the lines. Not born for the art, so you wont relate Our connection is relative, Like an uncle to a niece It's hi when we meet and high time when we don't. I notice You care less I get disconnected I miss her But who listens? I refuse to build a foundation on a forced connection I don't want to end up losing myself when you finally slip away like she did. Please get tired, and let me try to win her love back. I write Get tired And hope That if tomorrow ever comes with the darkness it left with, Then I would sit and wait for her to come aroun

If Yesterday was Tomorrow.

And, if yesterday was tomorrow, What would you have done differently? Would you write that which the mouth was even afraid to whisper? Be a little bit poetic and feed the world with feelings, Just like any other slave of the pen? If yesterday was tomorrow_ Would you let the sun set with your heart still hurting? Would you  still call men dogs Just because a few like bones like you do? If yesterday was tomorrow, Would you talk of how it never comes And sing, hoping that You finally became a star? Would you share the last piece saved on your diary? Or, you would just have written another piece to entertain the skeletons in your closet, those that really never come out? If yesterday was to come after today would you still be talking of a having gruelling day and still seat and swipe your gadgets all night long lost in the virtual world? If yesterday was the day after today, Would you still claim to ride with your friends, Would you still talk of them the same way? For m