Skip to main content

June The 27th

Just give up
Was the last word you said.
Was i dating my crush? Was I dating myself?
3 months is quite a lot of time if converted into seconds
I'm finding it hard to let go,
Tears welling up my eyes
Showing that you I held so dearly
I cant even recall your name for I had substituted that with the love emoji
I wish I heard what the ancestors told me
The only true love ni ile ya magazine
I find it hard to love again after you
I find it overrated
Or am I just a cry baby?
Its hard for me to watch you leave baby
And if you are to leave,, take my heart with you,, for there is where it belongs

In the death stage, we never talked as often,
Mama was giving me a signal
But I was blinded by love
Now, I cant figure out my love life without you.

I'm holding back my tears, I'm holding back my disappointments
But
Thank you for one thing
You made me realize I could write
You made me meet other great word smiths who say they love my work
I wish Charlotte could believe every word when I penned down *don't cry when am gone*
I wish Shee The Poet would understand that am not heartless when I explained myself in *Drop mixed signals*
Thanks again
I learnt that people get attached, I disputed it some hours ago, but now I feel more attached to you than ever before
They say, you don't know what you got till its gone ,, I am willing to get to know you afresh
You made my ego sublime
You made my words lose rhyme when you said
When you said
Just give up
Again,
Was I dating my crush or dating myself?

They say you don't know what you got till its gone,
They say a lot of things concerning matters to do with the heart
They say that when you hurt a bleeding heart, at one point you will bleed too.
I should summon my ex, not you, the one who set the standards of loving
She understands me more than you ever did
She never went silent, when I decided to test how long I could go without talking to her
She made love realistic
She made love enjoyable
She made the word dear sound so sweet,

Or were you drunk when you replied with the 3 words Just Give Up
What will happen to the promises?
Remember me saying that I will take 50 virgin cows to your mama?
I still remember how that made you laugh
I still remember, promising to see you after classes
I literally remember everything about you.
When we first met at Morgan's place then later when we puffed the evening away at my plug's place
I remember you  saying that I had a way of keeping your talkative ass silent
I remember,
I remember that you are the reason behind my cracked phone screen
And now
The reason to my shuttered heart.

I will leave,
Hopping to find someone better,
Someone who view my words as paradise and not some nagging pieces of cheap poetry
Someone with a heart as beautiful as your body
Someone with a winning mentality like you
Someone who thinks big and talk more
Someone who finds peace in my noise
Someone who finds tranquility near me
That someone was certainly not you.

*Doluh words*
© *2018*

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artful Deception.

That morning, I stood rooted to the tiled floor with my hands on the poorly done window grills. I had been examining the structure that we called home. The Sun was lazy, casting weak monotonous rays on the ground. It had sufficiently rained the previous night and the air was still fresh.  Since my childhood, I had enjoyed the petrichor, it had a way of pumping life into my dead hopes, and couldn't wait for a few droplets of rain to hit the ground. It was a moment I always craved for. Half past seven in the morning, if not for the birds chirping so melodiously I wouldn't have travelled back to reality. "Normal is boring." I said to myself reaching for my phone that was religiously playing my favorite Bob Marley playlist. Nobody can stop reggae. The tweets that day were not as snappy as I would have wanted. Something was eating me up but still I couldn't figure it out, at least not at a time when Bob was reassuring that things would be alright. Music to me had alway

Please Get Tired.

I write, You notice, You assume, I get disconnected And curse. " It's hard to show love to a stone" of no worth it is  making love to a marble, Shinny and elegant, Only adapting to the degree of my loving when in the same room And nothing is the same when we hug and part ways. I write You marvel Share it to friends And say "That was master class" You find it hard to read between the lines. Not born for the art, so you wont relate Our connection is relative, Like an uncle to a niece It's hi when we meet and high time when we don't. I notice You care less I get disconnected I miss her But who listens? I refuse to build a foundation on a forced connection I don't want to end up losing myself when you finally slip away like she did. Please get tired, and let me try to win her love back. I write Get tired And hope That if tomorrow ever comes with the darkness it left with, Then I would sit and wait for her to come aroun

If Yesterday was Tomorrow.

And, if yesterday was tomorrow, What would you have done differently? Would you write that which the mouth was even afraid to whisper? Be a little bit poetic and feed the world with feelings, Just like any other slave of the pen? If yesterday was tomorrow_ Would you let the sun set with your heart still hurting? Would you  still call men dogs Just because a few like bones like you do? If yesterday was tomorrow, Would you talk of how it never comes And sing, hoping that You finally became a star? Would you share the last piece saved on your diary? Or, you would just have written another piece to entertain the skeletons in your closet, those that really never come out? If yesterday was to come after today would you still be talking of a having gruelling day and still seat and swipe your gadgets all night long lost in the virtual world? If yesterday was the day after today, Would you still claim to ride with your friends, Would you still talk of them the same way? For m