Skip to main content

Letters Never Written To My Father

Hello, how you doing my guy. I know we only talk when am broke and I saw it fit to break the monotony. You sent me here, so as to pursue what you thought I liked best. Things have changed and I do not know whats my purpose at the varsity any more.

Firstly, these girls are making me run mad. Your only son is madly in love with more than one girl and I dont know who will come home when it is time to surrender fifty virgin cows in the form of dowry. They are all promising, beautiful and I also tend to think they are all smart. Some dont want love, but they have very lucrative deals to offer. Dad imagine, having sex with no strings attatched! Others have turned my house to a counselling centre, when they have issues with their campus husbands they lie to me with casual sex so that I can offer them what they call words of wisdom. Dad, your son is King Solomon! Is that not a reason enough to start planning for my graduation early?

You know that I don't do drugs right? Just let it remain that way, for they say what you do not know won't hurt you. Iam not trying to imply that I do hard drugs like coccaine, heroine or any other no, I just find pleasure in frying my liver with overseas malt. I am a regular at the watering den, mostly Thursdays when I have no classes to worry about. And at the watering joint, other things happen, your son has becoming a sponsor at this tender age. The bartender smiles when he sees me walk in, he knows quite well that some two eight hundred shillings at a minimum will hug his pocket, he also knows that some drunk slayqueen will find a place to vomit when morning comes.

Are you surprised? Don't tell me you never did this in your days. Do you know of Sportpesa and BetIn? In case you don't, those are the leading charity organizations in campus, and I am proud to say that I am an active member and sometime they reward me for the loyalty wit some few thousands. But this world cup season, things are not going as planned and if they don't change this coming week, be prepared for some shocking news. One day if the loyalty bonuses come as they normally do, I will send you some dollars at least you go out with your boys on a saturday evening and enjoy the night away.

As you can see, all is not lost. Only that my first year results are out, and the 80s and 90s I used to get in Highschool have been mixed with mecury, and cannot be seen clearly, even writing essays has proved to be a problem and my marks have disappeared in thin air like Euro bond one and if nothing is done, I will be here for a very long time, learning on how to look for missing marks.

Remember Victor my roommate? Yes, the tall guy who was with me in the same highschool , that boy is a fraud, imagine he added seven thousand to his semester fee, he also lied that they will be having a trip to Mombasa and they are required to pay 10, 000 for accommodation. All those are lies, I know I also told you the same, yes I lied, it was peer pressure I believe. We just wanted to go for a roadtrip and the money you people avail can only act as pocket change. To avoid such, from next semester, I think it will only be good if you pay the fee directly to the school account, and double what you send me per week.

We have hit the stone rolling and the varsity finance department expect us to pay four thousand so as we could get access to the student online portal, where all our records are kept.

Dad, all is not lost, In fact Iam doing better than most of the varsity students. I go to church after lying hoping that God will understand that ujana ni moshi, and all these wont last forever.
Your, loving son.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Artful Deception.

That morning, I stood rooted to the tiled floor with my hands on the poorly done window grills. I had been examining the structure that we called home. The Sun was lazy, casting weak monotonous rays on the ground. It had sufficiently rained the previous night and the air was still fresh.  Since my childhood, I had enjoyed the petrichor, it had a way of pumping life into my dead hopes, and couldn't wait for a few droplets of rain to hit the ground. It was a moment I always craved for. Half past seven in the morning, if not for the birds chirping so melodiously I wouldn't have travelled back to reality. "Normal is boring." I said to myself reaching for my phone that was religiously playing my favorite Bob Marley playlist. Nobody can stop reggae. The tweets that day were not as snappy as I would have wanted. Something was eating me up but still I couldn't figure it out, at least not at a time when Bob was reassuring that things would be alright. Music to me had alway

Please Get Tired.

I write, You notice, You assume, I get disconnected And curse. " It's hard to show love to a stone" of no worth it is  making love to a marble, Shinny and elegant, Only adapting to the degree of my loving when in the same room And nothing is the same when we hug and part ways. I write You marvel Share it to friends And say "That was master class" You find it hard to read between the lines. Not born for the art, so you wont relate Our connection is relative, Like an uncle to a niece It's hi when we meet and high time when we don't. I notice You care less I get disconnected I miss her But who listens? I refuse to build a foundation on a forced connection I don't want to end up losing myself when you finally slip away like she did. Please get tired, and let me try to win her love back. I write Get tired And hope That if tomorrow ever comes with the darkness it left with, Then I would sit and wait for her to come aroun

If Yesterday was Tomorrow.

And, if yesterday was tomorrow, What would you have done differently? Would you write that which the mouth was even afraid to whisper? Be a little bit poetic and feed the world with feelings, Just like any other slave of the pen? If yesterday was tomorrow_ Would you let the sun set with your heart still hurting? Would you  still call men dogs Just because a few like bones like you do? If yesterday was tomorrow, Would you talk of how it never comes And sing, hoping that You finally became a star? Would you share the last piece saved on your diary? Or, you would just have written another piece to entertain the skeletons in your closet, those that really never come out? If yesterday was to come after today would you still be talking of a having gruelling day and still seat and swipe your gadgets all night long lost in the virtual world? If yesterday was the day after today, Would you still claim to ride with your friends, Would you still talk of them the same way? For m